This forum has moved to a new (and better) address!! Visit: http://emprex.codejs.com

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
hello and help? 
Jnr Member

hello and help?
new member here,hello all.got this wee box o trix a couple o weeks ago,still getting the hang of it.my problem seems to be the firmware,i,ve got the file copy one @ the moment ,should i next put the scheduled recording one on? i also had a problem with power supply coming loose and i think that corrupted my files,i,m gonna reformat the h/d (160 gig) and see if i can start from scratch..
must go i,ll try this out and post again manyana..anyone leave the me1 on all nite ? i,m a bit scared cos of the heat it emits,could do wtih a bigger fan methinks...:?:

Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:41 pm
Site Admin

Post Re: hello and help?
Welcome to the Forum.

The firmware that you use is up to you, some people like the one with the timer some like the one with out.

So it really is up to you.

i leave mine running all the time, 24/7 as you can imagine hard drives run under some extreme conditions inside servers and PC's all across the place, so i think the little fan and the heat that is released through the case is enough for it to tell you the truth.

If you've ever felt some phone chargers there left on all the time, the back of my amp is hot to touch...etc etc

Any way, good luck and shout if you need any help.

~Mowax~

Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:04 pm
Super Mod

Never turned mine off yet, oh sorry i did once for a few hours whilst i moved my front room (living room,lounge, sitting room, parlour, take your pick)around, other wise its pretty much on 24/7.

It does get hot but no more than the average cable box or PC ( my server was last rebooted 322 hours ago).

Regards

Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:38 pm
Profile WWW
Jnr Member

Re: hello and help?
thanx 4 the replies,rebooted it with the scheduled recording firmware and reformatted the h/d,,,,seems to be ok tonight ,left it running to record "how not to live your life" on beeb 3,anyone seen that ? its xcellnt.
main reason i bought the me1 was cos i was p***d off paying sky for the luxury of using my sky+ to record.cancelled my sky subscription and getting plenty channels free,also i can transfer downloaded movies from t,internet without burning em to disc...
looking into freesat .the freesat pvr is still a wee while away so i,ll wait and see wot happens there.got my me1 to work with a programmable remote so thats a lot better.
re the heat issue ,i,m guessing the alu case must be the best material for heat dissipation,anyways i told the wife weve got 2 smoke alarms anyway....!

Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:17 pm
Site Admin

nice one glad it's working so far.

Yeah honest i wouldn't worry too much about the heat, if the case is hot like mine then it's doing it's job and removing heat along with the little fan.

A question you must tell though as people have been having loads of problems is " what multi remote are you using and where do we get them from "

Thanks

Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:58 pm
Jnr Member

the remote i,m using is one i got a few years ago,it does all my tv/hifi/sat gear,ROTEL make.i think any of the one 4 all remotes or similar would do just the same...i left the me1 on all nite and today and i realize it only gets hot in use,not on standby so thats ok..gonna fill it up now with some of my vids off the pc.

Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:54 pm

hello there im dassa and just got an me1 from maplins,not tryed it yet as not put hard drive in yet as none in stock. just a quick question about folders can you on the me1 create folders and name them and then do sub folders.this would be good for me as i have hundreds of comedys that would need to go into there own folder then it will make searching easer thanks dassa.

Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:03 pm
Jnr Member

welcome dassa,you will need to create your folders and sub folders on the pc before you transfer the files to the me1,i did this as instructed on this forum and its a lot quicker to navigate + the files will play one after the other ,saving you time going back to menu screen.
good luck :lol:

Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:15 am

thanks for the reply the only thing is all my videos are stored on my virgin v+ box and now its full.the purpose of getting me1 was to take them off v+ box,each into there own folder so makeing it easy to search.as for pc you cant huck it to v+ box as its not usb that why i got the me1 it will be a long job as i have to play each video and record at same time but at least i will have backed up andfree space on v+ box.thanks though dassa

Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:25 am
Site Admin

---------
is there defo no access to the recordings ?

Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:26 am
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next